Canadian Government Technology Decision Support
This IDC-Government Insights service addresses the roles and responsibilities of government technology officials in the selection, management, and value determination of technology decisions. This research focuses on aligning technology to achieve business objectives, increasing the level of confidence for success, and realizing measurable business results from IT investments. It provides governments and vendors with research reports and provocative viewpoints on all aspects of government policy and guidance that must be considered for technology investment strategies, business case adjudication, and risk and portfolio management. Executive-level governance, organizational efficiency, oversight and enterprise reporting of technology results round out the key elements of this service.
IDC-Government Insights' research advisory service equips government organizations and IT vendors with the market insights, competitive analysis, and demand-side adoption trend information necessary to make informed, critical decisions on technology investments and market positioning.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Technology policy impact
- Compliance and scorecards
- Cost consolidation challenges/return on investment
- Business process outsourcing
- IT infrastructure consolidation
- IT workforce of the future
- Early risk identification
- Government accountability
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What impact do current world events have on the future of technology programs and budgets?
- How can early opportunities for consolidation and cost containment be identified?
- What benefits are being achieved in cross-government initiatives?
- How can a technology investment portfolio be optimized for maximum mission value?
- What strategy should the government utilize for strategic sourcing?
- How can the value of the enterprise technology organization and its executives be optimized?
- What are the latest innovations for enterprise architectures and reference models?
- How can appropriate measurements, incentives, and penalties be defined for IT program success to ensure delivery of mission results?
- What are the latest innovations for acquisition management and program oversight?
- How can risk management be optimally integrated into the overall technology program management life cycle?
Who Should Subscribe
IDC-Government Insights' research advisory service provides business managers and executives within federal, provincial and municipal organizations, as well as the technology product managers and marketers that support this marketplace, with timely and accurate data and advice. Our ongoing and continual interaction with our clients truly assists them to make better-informed decisions and improve their operations and competitiveness.
Return on Research Investment
- Consolidate infrastructure and reduce operational costs based on technology and government business best practice assessments and funding strategies
- Design and implement more effective citizen services and measure citizen satisfaction
- Improve information technology value to government business processes and program outcomes through more effective measurement and reporting tools
- Better understand program and risk management challenges unique to government and create solutions that best meet government organizational needs
- Enable government organizations to take advantage of commercial best practices
- Create partnering strategies for government organizations that best meet their program, business, and contracting and oversight requirements
Standard Subscription Deliverables
IDC Government Insights values building client relationships and strives to foster a partnership with each client through continuous analyst interaction; concise delivery of current, timely, and relevant research; as well as custom research when needed. Each advisory service delivers strategic research covering business and technology issues. A summary of the basic service deliverables available to subscribers includes the following:
- Analyst inquiry time specific to the advisory service area (some restrictions apply)
- 24 x 7 research access via www.idc-gi.com
- Discounted admission to specific IDC Government Insights or IDC conferences
- Complimentary forum invitations (Web conferences, industry briefings)
Join Our Community
Our IDC Insights Community is designed to enable technology buyers to engage with our industry analysts, share knowledge and best practices, and connect with colleagues. To participate in our community, members create a profile to:
- Participate in our discussions in our blogs, forums, and polls
- Learn about and share best practices, tips, tricks, and tools related to business/technology alignment
- Network with colleagues and join groups within each industry
- Provide feedback to IDC's industry analysts and hear what we're up to
Visit us at: http://idc-insights-community.com and join our conversations.
Related offerings to our industry-specific research practices include IT Spending Guides — segmented regional and country-level analysis by solution area; Go-to-Market Services (GMS) — a modular set of deliverables to assist clients in extending their market reach, validating their market strategy, and producing more responsive customer-centric marketing campaigns; and IDC Advisory Tools — a growing set of solutions designed to ensure clients that technology purchasing and deployment decisions are optimized. In addition, IDC Government Insights experts are available for individualized consulting engagements to address specific challenges or to customize the results of our syndicated research offerings.