Asia/Pacific IT Opportunity: Government
IDC Government Insights' Asia/Pacific IT Opportunity: Government research advisory service focuses on one of the most lucrative markets in the IT industry, which conversely, is also one of the toughest business environments to establish a successful foothold. Leading governments in Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan) or APEJ have continually set out bold e-government and modernization visions to ensure the strategic sustainability of their economies. However, they face numerous challenges as they try to achieve this transformation. This advisory service provides the IT community with an in-depth understanding of the IT spending trends occurring across federal/central and local governments, as well as by different IT categories. It delivers thought leadership, timely market sizing, and guidance for grasping current and emerging opportunities.
This research advisory service leverages upon the primary research capabilities and available secondary research within IDC Government Insights on the Asia/Pacific public sector IT technologies and trends. Our research is highly customized with information acquired through IDC Government Insights' proprietary research projects, along with ongoing communications with industry experts, government CIOs and line-of-business executives, and IT product and service vendors. To ensure relevance, our analysts work closely with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports. Our analysts are also available to provide personalized advice for government executives and IT vendors to help them make better-informed decisions.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Competitive profiles and case studies of the IT community
- Current-year market sizing and five-year IT spending forecasts
- Government policy analysis
- Hot IT topics: eGovernment and eCitizens, Mobility, Smart Cities, Cloud and Security
- Key success factors and opportunities for service-specific solutions
- Leading IT spending indicators
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How much are Asia/Pacific governments spending on IT by specific countries?
- What are the characteristics of successful IT vendors and government-focused ISVs in Asia/Pacific?
- What are the federal/central versus local government IT spending trends in the Asia/Pacific region?
- What are the initiatives and opportunities for the primary focus areas, such as efforts to build "smart cities", maturing eGovernment services, and use of new (social) media?
- What are the latest trends in government IT usage and adoption?
- Which policies are shaping government IT spending?
Who Should Subscribe
IDC Government Insights' Asia/Pacific IT Opportunity: Government research advisory service is ideally suited to support IT vendors and government IT promotion agencies targeting the Asia/Pacific government market. Industry-specific software providers and system integrators will find this service valuable in gaining insights into the needs and investment trends of public sectors in the Asia/Pacific region.
Return on Research Investment
- Better understanding of technology challenges and solutions unique to the government
- Create partnering strategies with government organizations and its ecosystem
- Better understanding of government organizations to take advantage of commercial best practices in solving public sector business challenges
- Consolidate infrastructure and reduce operational costs
- Design and implement more effective citizen services and measure citizen satisfaction
- Improve IT value to government business processes and program outcomes through effective measurement and reporting tools
Standard Subscription Deliverables
IDC Government Insights values building client relationships and strives to foster a partnership with each client through continuous analyst interaction; timely delivery of current, concise, and relevant research; as well as custom research when needed. Each advisory service delivers strategic research covering business and technology issues. A summary of the basic service deliverables available to subscribers includes the following:
- Analyst inquiry time specific to the advisory service area (some restrictions apply)
- 24 x 7 research access via www.idc-gi.com
- Discounted admission to specific IDC Government Insights or IDC conferences
- Complimentary forum invitations (Web conferences, industry briefings)
Join Our Community
Our IDC Insights Community is designed to enable technology buyers to engage with our industry analysts, share knowledge and best practices, and connect with colleagues. To participate in our community, members create a profile to:
- Participate in our discussions in our blogs, forums, and polls
- Learn about and share best practices, tips, tricks, and tools related to business/technology alignment
- Network with colleagues and join groups within each industry
- Provide feedback to IDC's industry analysts and hear what we're up to
Visit us at: http://idc-insights-community.com and join our conversations.
Related offerings to our industry-specific research practices include IT Spending Guides — segmented regional and country-level analysis by solution area; Go-to-Market Services (GMS) — a modular set of deliverables to assist clients in extending their market reach, validating their market strategy, and producing more responsive customer-centric marketing campaigns; and IDC Advisory Tools — a growing set of solutions designed to ensure clients that technology purchasing and deployment decisions are optimized. In addition, IDC Government Insights experts are available for individualized consulting engagements to address specific challenges or to customize the results of our syndicated research offerings.