Canadian IT Opportunity: Government
This IDC Government Insights service helps governments and vendors leverage IT investments to maximize organizational performance. This service offers details on IT hardware, software, services, and telecom spending at the federal, provincial, and municipal levels. IDC Government Insights' clients have access to intelligence on the IT market opportunity, IT investment priorities, hot topics, purchase criteria and decision making, and vendor perceptions based on primary research.
IDC Government Insights' research advisory service equips government organizations and IT vendors with the market insights, competitive analysis, and demand-side adoption trend information necessary to make informed, critical decisions on technology investments and market positioning.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- IT expenditure in the government market
- New drivers for government departments
- Program and policy drivers
- IT purchasing behavior
- Understanding government perceptions of IT vendors
- How to effectively target solutions for the government sector
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the size of the IT opportunity by government segment (federal/provincial/municipal) and by technology purchased in those segments?
- What are the critical departmental and IT spending priorities?
- How can vendors improve their likelihood of success and lower their cost of sale in the government sector?
- What is the impact that important changes to government policy will have on the government IT market?
Who Should Subscribe
IDC Government Insights' research advisory service provides business managers and executives within federal, provincial, and municipal organizations, as well as the technology product managers and marketers that support this marketplace, with timely and accurate data and advice. Our ongoing and continual interaction with our clients truly assists them to make better-informed decisions and improve their operations and competitiveness.
Return on Research Investment
- Determine IT adoption trends in the government market segment for your offering by knowing government drivers and inhibitors of IT investments by agency and market
- Map your offerings to government priorities and solutions by tracking government spending at a deep-domain level and determining spending trends across jurisdictions
- Position your offering in the context of government business issues by getting ahead of major program spend
- Benchmark your organization against other government agencies within and between jurisdictions and across the country
- Map your business priorities and technology challenges to vendor solutions within the government vertical
- Keep current on best practices in IT procurement, metrics, and confidence measures to better enable government performance
Standard Subscription Deliverables
IDC Government Insights values building client relationships and strives to foster a partnership with each client through continuous analyst interaction; concise delivery of current, timely, and relevant research; as well as custom research when needed. Each advisory service delivers strategic research covering business and technology issues. A summary of the basic service deliverables available to subscribers includes the following:
- Analyst inquiry time specific to the advisory service area (some restrictions apply)
- 24 x 7 research access via www.idc-gi.com
- Discounted admission to specific IDC Government Insights or IDC conferences
- Complimentary forum invitations (Web conferences, industry briefings)
Join Our Community
Our IDC Insights Community is designed to enable technology buyers to engage with our industry analysts, share knowledge and best practices, and connect with colleagues. To participate in our community, members create a profile to:
- Participate in our discussions in our blogs, forums, and polls
- Learn about and share best practices, tips, tricks, and tools related to business/technology alignment
- Network with colleagues and join groups within each industry
- Provide feedback to IDC's industry analysts and hear what we're up to
Visit us at: http://idc-insights-community.com and join our conversations.
Related offerings to our industry-specific research practices include IT Spending Guides — segmented regional and country-level analysis by solution area; Go-to-Market Services (GMS) — a modular set of deliverables to assist clients in extending their market reach, validating their market strategy, and producing more responsive customer-centric marketing campaigns; and IDC Advisory Tools — a growing set of solutions designed to ensure clients that technology purchasing and deployment decisions are optimized. In addition, IDC Government Insights experts are available for individualized consulting engagements to address specific challenges or to customize the results of our syndicated research offerings.